General Rental Conditions and Information
- Drivers, renters must be in possession of a valid unendorsed driver's license, Passport or ID. The minimum age is 23 years.
- Minimum rate charge is 24 hours. Rates are calculated from time of pick-up to time of drop-off.
- Insurance excludes tyres, headlamp/window breakage, sandblasts and loss of personal property.
- All vehicles are hired subject to our Standard Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions.
- The Lessor reserves the right to substitute the booked vehicle with a similar one if it is not available.
- Extensions of the rental period must be arranged with us no later than 48 Hours prior to the original agreed date of termination.
- The vehicle carries comprehensive insurance. However, in the event of an insurance claim arising, the lessee will be held liable for an excess amount, payable in advance, as security to the lessor.
- The excess must be deposited in the form of a credit card voucher or securing the excess deposit by obtaining an authorization only code. Any costs incurred due to loss of or damage to a vehicle or equipment will result in a deduction from the excess deposit applicable to the vehicle or the equipment otherwise the credit card voucher will be returned in full.
- The lessee is also responsible for the full damage to the vehicle if caused by negligence, road conditions not suitable for the vehicle and areas disallowed by Okavango Car Hire
- In case of an accident, the lessee will be responsible for tow-in costs and related costs of the vehicle and the recovery of the vehicle.
- No vehicle may be taken across the Namibian borders without prior approval.
- Okavango Car Hire is not liable for death, injuries, personal damages and/or loss of whatever nature.
- We honor Master & Visa cards.
- Rates and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
- The rental costs are payable in full on commencement of the rental or on delivery of the vehicle.
- Only Namibian laws apply.